JJ Rhatigan & Company is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Managers in Dublin.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate capability and experience in dealing with challenging projects. We are looking to hear from ambitious Senior Project Managers looking to progress their career, you will have excellent communication and negotiating skills with a proven record working on major projects within the Irish / UK industry. You will be responsible for delivering project on time, on budget to the highest quality and safety standards.
You will be supported in your role by a Contracts Manager, with career progression is available. This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious main contractor.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To be accountable for managing and delivering a project from start to completion within the defined restraints of Health & Safety, Quality, Budget and Programme.
- To continually maintain and develop the quality of the JJ Rhatigan brand through support and innovation.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To plan and deliver the overall project at hand from pre-start to handover.
- To be ultimately responsible for the management of the project:
- Planning & Programming
- Health & Safety
- Design Management
- Technical Submittals & Approvals/ RDD’s
- Construction Operations and site logistics and logistic planning
- Procurement (Sub-contractors and Materials)
- Quality and Environmental
- Mechanical and Electrical
- Schedule the project using appropriate planning software. Ensure the adequate resources are available on site from JJR and Sub-Contractors to meet the delivery.
- Monitor and update the program weekly for record purposes.
- Highlight any associated risks to program early and apply appropriate mitigation measures to eliminate all program risks. Inform senior management in advance of any delays.
- Prepare monthly reports on program, quality, health & safety, progress and finance (in conjunction with the QS) and present to all project stakeholders as required under the different contracts.
- Assist and manage the Design Manager to close out any design issues during the design process in line with the program.
- Produce a procurement schedule in line with the target program for the QS to procure.
- Assist the QS and Contracts Manager in producing a full and accurate scope of works for the different trade packages.
- You will have overall responsibility for both the quality and design on site in addition to your Team member’s use of JJR’s quality implementation strategy through BIM.
- You will be the contact for all stakeholders, internally and externally as well as relevant statutory bodies.
- Occasionally, you will have to assist in the preparation and submission of tenders and assisting the estimating department/ Pre-Construction team with programs and construction methodologies.
- Effectively manage your project team to achieve the project goal through communication, leading by example, training and certain soft skills in developing and mentoring your team.
- Ensure detailed site records and photographs are kept by all Team members.
- Chair weekly site meetings and ensure production of accurate minutes and actions.
- Chair weekly QA meetings.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure production and implementation of project plans, including but not limited to method statements, risk assessments, inspection and test plans (ITP’s), BIM management and BIM field applications.
- Ensure Technical Submissions are produces and managed with the relevant team members.
- Ensure the Design Management is managed in line with the site constraints and within the target program.
- Ensure the Site operations and logistics are consistently reviewed.
- Ensure the BC(A)R is managed among the team from the start of the project to handover. Delegate the responsibilities and manage throughout.
- Ensure the Target program is developed and sign off with the Contracts Manager.
Health & Safety
- Ensure site compliance with health & safety legislation and the company H&S policies management system e.g. inductions, toolbox talks, risk assessment, safety statements, statutory forms, permits, method statements etc.
- Ensure that the filing system for the company H&S management system is set up and up to date.
- Promote a positive health, safety and environmental culture within the company and set a personal example.
- Plan and co-ordinate all work activities and communicate any forseeable risks and hazardous interfaces with relevant parties to ensure a safe place of work is provided and the Company’s statutory duties are complied with, so far is as reasonably practicable.
- Assist in preparation of the H&S plan or Construction Phase Plan and periodically review it with the H&S Advisor and, where applicable, advise the H&S Advisor of any necessary changes.
- Investigate all accidents, incidents and near misses, compile reports and implement any corrective actions identified following the investigation. H&S Advisor to assist in this work.
- Ensure that all contractors on site meet their requirements in relation to the Company H&S management system and their statutory obligations.
- Continuously review site resources to ensure that the Company’s statutory duties and H&S procedures are implemented. Discuss any lack of resources with Contracts Manager/ Regional Director as necessary.
- Report regularly to the Contracts Manager any health, safety or environmental issues causing concern.
- Arrange regular subcontractor H&S supervisor meetings.
- Take disciplinary action on site as required. (Take advice from CM on this always).
- Ensure that all actions required following H&S Advisors inspections, monthly audits and external audits are carried out and that the audits/inspections are signed off.
- Ensure that fire, emergency and traffic management plans are prepared and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Ensure where required, a lifting/craneage plan is prepared before arranging for any crane lift.
- Facilitate the election/appointment of a site safety representative and ensure that they can carry out their functions on site without adversely affecting them.
- Co-ordinate the collection of information for the Safety File.
- To produce and implement JJR full QA system in relation to site activities.
- Ensure the QA is delegated to the relevant team members on site.
- Hold weekly QA meetings and minute with the Site Team.
- Produce inspections and Test plans.
- Ensure ongoing inspections of all works and maintaining high standards of quality workmanship.
- Deal with any and all Sub-contractor QA issues immediately and set the JJR standard.
- Review Subcontractors/ suppliers products at source and their facilities.
- Ensure the site is presented in the proper manner to set the environment for a high QA standard.
- Ensure all samples/ sample rooms/ sample apartment etc. is presented early in the project to ensure the highest quality.
- Ensure the monthly QA audit scores are above the required 95% consistently.
DEPARTMENT/ SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct one-on-one review meetings with team members – every 6 months per Team member.
- Bi-annual review of department competency matrix and assessment of Human Resources needs – submit any training requests to HR.
- Verify weekly team time/ attendance timesheets and submit to HR.
- Carry out annual performance development assessment with each Team member.
- Manage poor performance.
- Deal with Team disciplinary and grievances issues in co-ordination with HR.
- Monitor and report on departmental objectives and targets in line with the organizational strategy.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Proficient in planning software, such as MS Project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Highly organized and methodical approach.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills, must be able to manage and drive multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise and manage staff.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Highly ambitious and compelled.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible and reliable.
- Collaborative team member with a passion for achieving team cohesion.
Experience in the Construction Industry is essential for this role.
A relevant third level qualification is required.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and are interested in joining a highly respected company with the opportunity to progress your career, we would be interested in hearing from you so please complete our online application for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Attractive terms of employment will be offered to suitable applicants.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.