JJ Rhatigan & Company is currently recruiting a Building Services Coordinator to join our team in the West of Ireland.
Purpose of Position
Be accountable for managing the Coordination process of all Building Services to ensure the systems and the overall projects are delivered, installed and commissioned in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with Project Programme, Quality, Environmental and Cost parameters and in turn ensuring satisfaction of all parties. Assist with continually maintaining and developing the quality of the Company brand through successful delivery of projects utilising quality & efficient management skills.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take guidance and direction from Management/ Senior Management.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the Project Teams and other Company Department teams/ colleagues by developing and utilizing strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintain and foster collaborative relationships with Clients, Design Teams, Sub-Contractors, Specialists, Suppliers and other relevant Stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain excellent problem-solving skills taking cognizance of safety, quality, programme and cost implications.
- Understand and comply with company policy in relation to software, Applications and information control/ platforms usage and develop an acceptable level of knowledge to become proficient in the use of same.
- Comply fully with Statutory Health & Safety Standards and Regulations as well as with Company policy and procedures.
- Assist with & participate in Tendering activities and duties for Building Services Packages and Tender Submissions.
- Assist with & participate in Post Tender and Pre-Award clarifications, due diligence & other pre appointment activities & duties.
- Review and understand the Building Services Design with particular emphasis on the adequacy of “Design Coordination” carried out and the “Buildability” of the Building Services elements with the building structure.
- Assist with site setup of new projects including input/guidance on utilities (permanent and temporary).
- Assist with Project Team with understanding the “Demarcations” associated with the Project in relation to the Building Services elements.
- Appoint Building Services Sub-Contractors/Specialists & Design Teams including agreeing and finalizing scope of works, negotiations, arranging & chairing precontract meetings, producing & issuing Letters of Intent, producing and managing execution of Sub-Contracts and amendments where necessary, including checking for completeness of the M&E package prior to appointment.
- Assist with all parties ensuring Buildings Services Sub-Contractors/ Specialist adopt a safe manner of work. Take specific interest in high risk works and those involving shutdowns or those that may have an effect on third party operations.
- Schedule, agree and monitor Deliverables for all Building Services disciplines including Sub-Contractors, Specialists and Designers.
- Manage the coordination process of Building Services through the following processes:
- Coordination Drawings/Model production, vetting, updating, approval, circulation, verification & use same to monitor the installation.
- Builders work Drawings/Model production, vetting, updating, approval, circulation & verification & use same to monitor the installation. Ensure builders works requests are made in good time to allow them be incorporated within the building structure.
- Ensure sub-contractors receive the latest comments and construction information to allow them progress the works.
- Manage the approval of Building Services design, plant, equipement and products through the Technical Submission and samples process utilizing JJR templates, workshops and meetings.
- Obtain and monitor/track plant, equipment and products procurement & lead in from all Building Services Sub-Contractors, Specialists and Suppliers in accordance with project programme needs.
- Schedule, arrange & chair regular Building Services meetings with the relevant parties utilizing the JJR Building Services Department “Meeting Agenda” and circulate accurate Minutes of Meetings ensuring “actions” are carried out by the relevant parties in accordance with dates/timescales agreed.
- Attend Client/Design Team meetings and report on all aspects of the Building Services Installation.
- Assist the Project Team with the overall programming & monitoring of the construction works and the implications in relation to the Building Services Installation.
- Arrange for installation quality controlled “Benchmarks” to be set up and in place the agreed/approved prior to the commencement of the Building Services installation.
- Assist the Project Team in agreeing the project Quality Control procedures with the Building Services Sub-Contractors, Specialists and suppliers.
- Assist Project Team monitoring of the Buildings Services installation standards (including off-site fabrication) by carrying spot checks referenced to quality “Benchmark” and ensure any necessary actions are agreed, implemented and closed out on site. Ensure the Building Services Sub-Contractors, Specialists and Suppliers are snagging and de-snagging their works prior to “offering up” for sign off.
- Understand the company Quality Assurance procedures and policy and assist with ensuring the Building Services Sub-Contractors, Specialists and suppliers to comply with Company/Project Quality Assurance & Quality Control procedures including providing test packs, quality check sheets, etc.
- Assist with the administration of the Contract and Sub-Contracts through notifications, correspondence, information flow and record management, etc. in compliance with relevant clauses and amendments.
- Assist the Company Quantity Surveying team with the management of Financial Control of Projects through all aspects of Building Services Sub-Contractors, Specialists and Suppliers applications for payments, change control, deductions, final accounts, etc. Keep accurate records in relation to the Building Services works.
- Manage (including arranging, scheduling & monitoring) the project testing, commissioning, witnessing, verification, demonstrations, training and handover process of all Building Services.
- Assist with managing the timely closing out of all Building Services Installation snags.
- Monitor and review progress on Building Services Operation and Maintenance manuals and As-Build Documentation & Models to ensure relevant & accurate representation of the completed installation.
- Report (as required) to Company Management/Senior Management on all aspects of Building Services installation process throughout the lifespan of the project including identifying potential and actual risks that may affect the delivery of the Building Services and/or the overall project. Assist with identifying and monitoring actions to reduce/eliminate/mitigate the effects of all project risks.
- Assist with post-handover/defects period tasks in relation to the Building Services installation including additional works, snagging & de-snagging, seasonal commissioning, problem solving, maintenance implementation, etc.
Experience in the Construction Industry is essential for this role.
Minimum of 5 years +’ experience with a Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK on £10m+ projects.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and are interested in joining a highly respected company with the opportunity to progress your career, we would be interested in hearing from you so please complete our online application for consideration.
Attractive terms of employment will be offered to suitable applicants.