29.05.2020 / Main Category
JJ Rhatigan are progressing well with the reopening of our sites
We are progressing well with the reopening of our construction sites in line with the Government’s National Return to Work Safely Protocol, HSE guidelines and CIF Standard Operating Procedures, following their temporary closure due to COVID-19.
We continue to assess all of our workplaces in our phased return to work. As our various project teams enthusiastically return to operations our priority is, as always, the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19 and to keep people safe we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing. This commitment is demonstrated with strict protocols including:
- Daily communications on the ongoing risks and controls maintained by all disciplines involved in all of our projects
- Dedicated C-19 Compliance Officers on all of our sites
- Site specific COVID-19 operating procedures
- Provision of additional good hygiene facilities in line with the quantity of personnel working on our sites and provision of appropriate PPE
- Work activities risk assessed to incorporate COVID-19 compliance and additional controls where necessary
- Mandatory COVID-19 training, including the CIF C-19 induction programme, for everyone returning to work on our sites
- Daily brieﬁngs and tool box talks so that everyone on site knows and understands what’s expected of them.
- Close management and strict monitoring of everyone coming to our sites as per our operating procedures including temperature screening
We have a multi-disciplinary team in place to carefully monitor and implement our detailed prevention plans and protocols and to ensure full compliance. We also have a number of support services staff who are supporting our projects from home and helping to maintain business continuity.
In these extraordinary times we want to reiterate that we are all in this together and that we appreciate the enormous efforts being made every day by our employees, subcontractors, suppliers, design teams and clients.