- Client: National University of Ireland, Galway
- Architect: Reddy Architecture
- Quantity Surveyor: Davis Langdon
- Duration: January 2012 - April 2013
- Contract value: £4.5M
The project consisted of the construction of a new extension to the existing Arts Millennium Building (AMB). The project provided approximately 3,000m² of new state of the art teaching and research facilities over two/three floors comprising:
- Flat lecture theatres
- Classrooms and post graduate rooms
- PC suite
- Conference room
- Research labs with farady cage protection
- 2 No. full anechoic chambers
- Observation rooms
- Administration/office spaces
- Circulation and breakout spaces
- Associated plant space.
The works also consisted of the construction of a new roof top extension to the existing building to provide additional office accommodation including relocation of existing items of plant and interface works with the existing circulation spaces and computer suites at both ground and first floor level. The project also included additional ancillary works.
The project was carried out within a live third level educational campus environment.