- Client: Meath VEC
- Architect: Coady & Partners Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: Fergal Coghlan & Associates
- Duration: September 2012 - October 2013
- Contract value: £5.1M
The project involved the construction of a new extension and the refurbishment of the existing school. The 950 pupil school was kept fully operational at all times.
A number of temporary classrooms had to be constructed prior to construction in order to provide a Science Lab, a woodwork room, a technical graphics room and some general classrooms.
The new extension is a two storey building linked to the existing school building. There is
- 24 general classrooms
- 3 science labs
- A word processing room, design & graphics
- A multi-media lab
- A staff room and associated offices
- Stores and toilets.
- A separate building, linked to the main building by a covered walkway, houses the construction studies, engineering technology and metalwork rooms.
The refurbishment works to the old school included:
- A complete new mechanical and electrical fit-out
- New toilets
- New ceilings and floor coverings
- Complete repaint inside and out
- Some changes to the room layouts
- A new administration wing with reception, principal’s office and meeting room
Work on this project started on the 15th September 2012, the existing school building was opened on the 2nd September 2013 and the new extension was opened on 14th October 2013, about 5 months ahead of programme.