J.J. Rhatigan & Company is a major construction company who are committed to the continual improvement of the safety, health and welfare of all of our employees, contractors and visitors, in so far as it is reasonably practicable. Health and Safety is always JJ Rhatigan & Company’s number one priority in relation to each place of work, materials, equipment, plant and machinery. We believe that every injury is preventable and we embed that philosophy into every JJ Rhatigan & Company project through a combination of technical and field procedures and ongoing training programs.
Our clients, employees and partners share a common certainty about JJ Rhatigan & Company: safety is paramount. Health and Safety is more than a written policy, it is the foundation of how we work in the field, at our sites and in our offices.
In addition to benefiting our employees through reduced injuries and lost work, our commitment to safety is a leading indicator for our clients of strong performance through the life cycle.
- Our goal is zero workplace incidents
- We believe that every accident is preventable
- We not only instill best practices into our safety culture, we create them
- We rely on experience, continuous training, and adherence to strict standards to ensure the safety of our employees, our partners and our surrounding communities
Viewing the entire construction site as a community, we use a team approach to identify safety and quality problems and formulate proactive responses.
The guiding principles include the:
- Commitment to continual improvement in health and safety performance to reduce or where possible eliminate risks.
- Compliance with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Provision of a framework for setting and achieving health and safety objectives.
- Consultation with all employees and contractors in matters relating to health and safety with the intention that each employee and contractor understand their obligations and take responsibility for their own safety and the safety of their colleagues, contractors and visitors.
- Provision and maintenance of safe plant and equipment.
- Provision of training to employees as appropriate, to ensure competency in the performance and execution of their duties.
- Disciplinary Action will be initiated as a result of infringements of the Safety Statement or involving unsafe practices. These actions will be carried out under the procedures set out in the Safety Management System.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health.
- Availability of the policy to all interested parties.
- Revision of the policy, periodically, as the nature and size of the business changes.
- Provision of welfare facilities at all places of work.