- Client: Jesus and Mary Secondary School
- Architect: Brendan Slevin & Associates
- Quantity Surveyor: Brendan Slevin & Associates
- Duration: November 2010 - August 2011
- Contract value: €1M
The works consisted of a 12 classroom 3 storey extension to the existing school.
The works included:
- 3 storey extension, using load bearing masonry and precast flooring, tying into the existing school structure at specified locations
- Refurbishment works within the existing boiler house including creating a switch room
- Routing of new services to serve the new extension from the existing boiler house
- Provision of a large passenger lift serving all floors in compliance with Document M of the building regulations
- A new pedestrian entrance was provided for the students and staff
During the course of construction the work went ahead with minimum of interference with normal running of the school. All demolitions were carried out after 4pm Monday to Friday and on Saturdays.