- Client: Ovagen International Limited
- Architect: Beer & Burgess
- Quantity Surveyor: BHL Consultants
- Duration: April 2008 - August 2008
- Contract value: €4.8M
Construction of a new industrial facility for Ovagen Limited, which is a biotechnology company that has developed a process of producing germ free chicken eggs and germ free birds in commercial quantities for use primarily in the pharmaceutical industry.
This project consisted of 2,500m² building which contains Germ Free Suites for flocks of 550 birds, Isolators, Incubators Laboratories, Egg Processing Units, Research & Development Units, Head office a .5km access road and associated works.
The project involved:
- A number of large Clean Rooms which were supplied with high quality air at positive pressure. These rooms were fitted with HEPA filters and temperature controlled.
- Changing rooms with controlled access showers to clean side.
- Fitting of transfer isolator unit and sterilization feed bin.
- Extensive ventilation ducting & AHU’s throughout the building with all controls being linked by BMS.
- Sub-station constructed with its own transformer and a plinth for future expansion.
- Offices and canteen along with comm’s room were also constructed.