- Client: Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children Crumlin
- Architect: Cullen Payne Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: Davis Landgon PKS
- Duration: January 2002 - March 2006
- Contract value: €17.3M
Construction and fit out of seven new cardio vascular operating theatres within the “live” Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin. The project also included intensive care units and associated sterile departments.
Work on the construction of this new wing had to be carried out in the environment of a working hospital campus and the maintenance of a hygienic, sterile environment had to be maintained in the adjacent operating hospital and involved the following:
- Link to existing Intensive Care Unit and Sterilisation Unit was constructed, whilst maintaining Client occupancy.
- Integration of building within hospital service infrastructure with particular reference to working on the live MV Hospital electrical infrastructure, which involved working on high tension electrical cables.
- Substantial additions from the existing boiler bringing high pressure steam mains to the HSSD Unit (Hospital Sterile Service Department).
- Theatre Lights
- Theatre Pendants
- Theatre control Panels
- Remote Ultra Flow Unit & Glazed Canopy. (Ultra Clean Air)
- Hepa Air Filtration
- New Steam & Gas Line
- Electrical Enabling Works
- Bead Head Trunking.
- New HSSD & CSSD Departments