- Client: Mayo County Council
- Architect: Simon J Kelly & Partners
- Quantity Surveyor: Tony McCaul
- Duration: June 2008 - July 2009
- Contract value: €2M
The project consisted of the demolition of existing structures and the construction of a new office building for Mayo County Council staff and management, together with providing public access facilities to Mayo County Council services.
The project included:
- A state of the art council chamber incorporating the latest in IT and presentation technology.
- The fit out including the supply and installation of all office equipment to the offices, open plan areas and the board room.
- The provision of Equipment including desks, chairs, bins, lockers, notice boards etc.
- Electrical works required including the installation of power, data and phone points to the cable trays underneath the desks. The office furniture and electrical data sheets were included in the O & M manual.
- The façade of the building, which consists of black Trespa panelling and makes extensive use of the glazing. Natural light and solar heat gain were a facet of the sustainability planning which was incorporated into the build.
Mayo County Council were provided with a turn key project in that we were responsible for the project management, construction and fit out of the project including carpets, internal office glass partitions and office furniture. The works also included a car park and ancillary works.