- Client: Highfield Hospital
- Architect: O’Toole Partnership
- Duration: January 2010 - January 2012
- Contract value: €22M
The project consists of the construction of a new 200 Bed Private Hospital (13,051m²) catering for a wide range of patient profile.
The new build was made up of:
- A 90 Bed Nursing Home
- 100 Bed Mental Health Facility
- 10 Bed Acute Psychiatric Unit
The project also included:
- A significant commercial kitchen
- The refurbishment of the existing 3 storey Highfield House Nursing Home (1,400m².), connecting to the existing Alzheimer’s Care Centre
- Two new car parks with 120 car spaces and 48 cycle spaces
- Extensive associated external works, services and utilities
Refurbishment works of the existing building included the conversion of multi-occupancy rooms into single, twin and four person bedrooms with en-suite facilities being added.
The briefing for this project was to include a series of staged hand-overs to allow partial occupation which opened up work in other existing areas for refurbishment.The Highfield Nursing Home and Alzheimers Care Centre remained fully occupied and operational during the construction period.