- Client: Galway Racecourse Committee
- Architect: Phelan Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: Davis Langdon PKS
- Duration: January 2013 - June 2013
- Contract value: €900K
The project consisted of the construction of a new entrance building (250m²) and the refurbishment of the 3rd floor of the Millennium stand (200m²) at the Galway racecourse.
- The entrance building was a new build with a raft foundation and precast concrete internal walls and entrance columns / beams.
- The roof of the building was framed with structural steel and then roofed with timber joists and ply.
- The external finishes to the building consist of rendered block work walls and prelaq nova metal roof.
- The 2 gables of the building contain large curtain walling glazing to provide natural light to the building.
- Internally JJR completed offices / reception and toilets.
- The ceiling of the building is finished with oak timber battens and the floor is a painted concrete floor.
- There was fitted ticket booths and the installation of existing turnstiles.
The Millennium stand refurbishment involved the demolition of the existing external wall and the realignment of new full height glazing. There were some minor alterations to existing walls and also the construction of a new kitchen area to serve the extension.
In all, there were 1400 new spectator seats installed as part of the contract.