- Client: Department of Education and Science
- Quantity Surveyor: Stephen J Aherne
- Duration: April 2010 - April 2011
- Contract value: €1.5M
The project consisted of the construction of a new 10 classroom single storey national school for Gaelscoil na Cruaiche, with a floor area of approximately 1611m², within the grounds of the existing live national school.
The school itself consisted of:
- 10 class rooms all of which had their own “boys and girls” toilets
- Adjoining storerooms
- A large library
- 2 special education / resource rooms
- A large staff room
- Gymnasium with acoustic ceiling and adjoining servery with fitted kitchen
- An I.T. room and comms room
- General storage and safe storage with steel plated door
All the school toilets are serviced by an environmentally friendly underground rainwater harvesting system. The entire running of the school is controlled by a Building Management System (BMS).
Externally the grounds consisted of over 2.5 acres of landscaping both hard and soft. A staff car park, public car park both comprising of a permeable paving system over 1400m² in area, 2 Basket ball & Volleyball courts and grassed areas.