- Client: Grangegorman Development Agency
- Architect: Taylor Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: AECOM
- Duration: October 2013 – October 2014
- Contract value: €4.7M
The works involved the refurbishment of the existing building relating to Structure 8.
The works consisted of internal alterations which entailed:
- The removal of existing partitions and the provision of new internal partitions
- The replacement of ceilings
- The upgrade of corridors, stairs and floors to improve the fire performance of the structures
- The provision of new doors
- The provision of new floor finishes
- The provision of new mechanical and electrical services
- The provision of new toilet facilities
- The refurbishment of existing windows
- The refurbishment and repairs to the roofs and roof structure.
- The provision of a new glazed main entrance to structure 08.
There was a requirement to upgrade the Building’s Fire proof, health and safety and insulation qualities to modern day standards for a public building while maintaining and highlighting the old structure.