- Client: Athlone Town Centre
- Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: Eamonn Traynor & Company
- Duration: September 2005 - March 2008
- Contract value: €180M
This project, with a gross floor space of 140,000m², consisted of the demolition of the Hoey Hotel, adjacent pharmacy and optician buildings and eight residential units in the centre of Athlone Town.
The construction comprised of:
- A 160 bedroom Hotel
- A Shopping Mall and a covered Square with 70 Retail Units
- Restaurants & Café
- Office Accommodation
- 150 Residential Units
- Underground 3 storey car park with a gross floor space of approximately 50,000m²
The development also included the provision of public and private open space in the form of a playground, park, residential squares and courtyards, private gardens, balconies to all residential units and roof gardens.
The site was surrounded by existing buildings, schools, businesses, private residences and numerous public roads.