- Client: Health Service Executive
- Architect: Maloney O Beirne Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: Healy Kelly Turner & Townsend
- Duration: March 2010 - April 2012
- Contract value: £9.2M
The works consisted of the demolition of existing structures and removal from site and the construction of a c7,780m² two storey 100 bed elderly care unit with underground car park on the existing St. Mary’s Hospital campus in Mullingar.
This new building has 90 bedrooms catering for 100 bed spaces. Onsite facilities include:
- Physiotherapy rooms
- Dining areas
- Relative facilities
- Fully functioning kitchen
- Assisted bathrooms
- Treatment and theraphy rooms
- Internal glazed corridors lead out onto courtyards which have been constructed for the residents use
The new building is linked to the existing ‘protected’ St Annes building which had been partially demolished in the past. Our contract included rebuilding the structure/envelope and a new ‘fit out’ of the building to include staff restaurant, medical offices, staff changing facilities and record stores. These works were carried out in conjunction with conservation Architects.
A ‘protected’ chapel which runs perpendicular to St Annes and connects to same was also refurbished to include the re-location of alter, pews and internal decoration works.