- Client: Aidan McGrath
- Architect: Niall J. Kearns &Company
- Quantity Surveyor: Noel J. Farrell & Associates
- Duration: April 2008 - March 2009
- Contract value: £2.3M
Construction of a new 38 Bedroom Nursing Home, containing a commercial kitchen, pantry, occupational suites, consulting and assessment rooms, office areas, waiting areas and dining room areas.
It also included associated site works and demolition of existing nursing home, together with the installation of 50m² of solar panels and installation of a heat recovery mechanical ventilation system.
As this was a complete new nursing home, every room in the building had some element of a fit out. Scheduled below is a non exhaustive list of some of the fit outs;
- Bedroom furniture, floor and wall finishes to HIQUA standards
- Daycare Treatment Rooms
- Staff Facilities
- Reception Area with feature Reception Desk
- Resources Area
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Nurse Call Facilities throughout the Building
- Catering Equipment to the Kitchen
- Feature Internal Landscaped Courtyard
To complete the above fit out a project manager and foreman were based 100% of the time on site while a services co-ordinator was based 75% of the time on site. This ensured JJ Rhatigan & Company were able to supervise and co-ordinate all aspects of the project in an efficient and speedy manner. This project was designed and built in compliance with Part M and BS 8300, complete with wide corridors and all ensuites to cater for disabled persons.