- Client: NDFA
- Architect: Newenham Mulligan & Associates
- Quantity Surveyor: AECOM
- Duration: February 2014 - February 2015
- Contract value: £2m
Under NDFA Design & Build Framework Agreement, JJ Rhatigan & Company won the contract for Bundles 1 and 3 schools which involved the Design and Build of primary and post primary schools on 10 different sites comprising a mix of new builds, replacements, refurbishments and extensions.
Griffeen Valley Educate Together National School was part of Bundle 1 Schools. The new standalone building was constructed on the same site. The site was surrounded by existing two-storey housing to the north, west and south-west of the school. There was also an existing mixed-use neighbourhood development to the southeast of the site.
The new building consists of the following:
- 8 Classrooms
- A central General Purpose Room
- Library spaces
- SET rooms and Resource area
- An office area and other support facilities
- External landscaped play area