- Client: Customer House Quarter Ltd.
- Duration: 19th November 2014 - 19th December 2014
- Contract value: £91,000
LandingZone is a pay to play co-working space for seed funded technology start-ups located in Dublin’s iconic CHQ Building, IFSC, Dublin 1. LandingZone engaged with JJ Rhatigan & Company to convert Unit 1a of the CHQ building, formally a retail unit, into a fully working office environment.
The construction works included a 13,300 sq. ft unit within CHQ, formerly a Meadows and Byrne Department Store, and required upgrading of all systems from retail to office works, including:
- Upgrading of ventilation system from retail to office use
- Upgrading of lighting system from retail to office use
- Upgrading of emergency lighting system from retail to office use
- Upgrading of general services from retail to office use
- Upgrading existing fire proofing works
- Construction of male, female and disable access toilets connecting into the existing foul sewer of the CHQ Building.
As part of the client brief, the project required to be brought online ahead of Christmas. JJ Rhatigan & Company worked to an extremely tight programme to successfully achieve substantial completion on the 19th December meeting all BCAR requirements.