- Client: Health Services Executive
- Architect: Devereaux Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: Healy Kelly
- Duration: April 2012 - April 2014
- Contract value: €16M
The project includes two extensions, as follows:
- A 2,200m² extension to the existing emergency department. This work includes the provision of 10 No. major treatment cubicles, 4No. minor treatment cubicles, resuscitation room, isolation/gynaecology/ paediatric multi-function rooms, minor ops room and other ancilliary accommodation. The main entrance and concourse was extended to form the new access point and focus to the hospital for patients, visitors and staff. The new main entrance and concourse included a reception / admin / shop / cafe and security services.
- A 2,400m² extension to the delivery suite / maternity and operating theatre department. The delivery suite consists of six birthing rooms. The new operating theatre includes a proprietary self-contained operating suite, with the appropriate level of reception and recovery places. Additional staff changing and storage facilities were also completed.
Works were carried out within a live hospital building.