- Client: Johnstown House
- Architect: Atlam Design Partnership
- Quantity Surveyor: JJ Rhatigan & Company (In House)
- Duration: March 2005 - October 2005
- Contract value: €4M
The project involved the construction of a new spa facility, over two floors consisting of:
- Treatment Rooms
- Relaxation Rooms
- Aerobic Rooms
- Pilates Rooms
- Activity Rooms, including Climbing Walls
- Simulated Driving Range
- Hair Salon
- Gymnasium, complete with full Swimming Pool, Sauna, Steam Room
- Coffee Deck and Retail areas.
It includes Marble Stressed Timber Floors, Mosaic Specialist Plaster, Wallpaper, Granite Worktops, Modern Furniture.
The services include sprinkler, air-conditioning and very exciting lighting to create the different moods within the treatment areas.
A feature of the project is the curved marble central staircase. The project is complimented externally by a decked roof garden at first floor and external Jacuzzi set in a landscaped garden.