- Client: Medtronic Inc.
- Architect: Cullen Payne Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: Noel Farrell & Associates
- Duration: April 2012 - April 2013
- Contract value: €4.85M
The development consists of the construction to the North east of existing Medtronic Building 2 of a new two storey extension over a partial basement, measuring 2498m² in area and containing on the ground floor, a central atrium with a reception area, luggage store, kitchenette and interactive communication hub, surrounded by a Customer Innovation Centre containing meeting rooms, a research and development suite and ancillary facilities.
The works also included:
- On the first floor further meeting rooms, cellular and open plan offices and support facilities, with plant in the partial basement
- A two storey link corridor connecting the new centre with Building 2
- The demolition of the steps and ramp at the entrance
- The reconfiguration of its double height entrance into a refreshment space on its ground floor
- The insertion of a meeting room on the new first floor
- Associated Mechanical, Electrical and Lift Services
- Retaining the current allocation of 408 car parking spaces on the site but adjusting it to create 5 spaces for disabled persons
- Covered bicycle stands
- External signage
- New hard and soft landscaping
- Drainage and surface water attenuation, etc.
JJ Rhatigan and Company received the Irish Building & Design Award 2014 for Sustainable/Green Project of the Year for this project. The project also received a LEED Gold certification by the US Green Building Council.
NSAI carried out Environmental Audit I.S. EN ISO 14001:2004 and noted that “ Significant improvements have been made to the systematic integration of EMS controls within core business and site management through adoption of LEED principles in a systematic manner.