- Client: Aldi Stores (Ireland Ltd.)
- Architect: Arthur Gibney & Partners
- Quantity Surveyor: Albert Strain & Associates
- Duration: 7th November 2011 - 13th April 2012
- Contract value: €2M
The project involved the construction of a 1,500m² Aldi retail unit over a 22 week programme.
- Floor tiling and epoxy floor coverings
- Partitions and ceilings
- Mechanical and electrical installations
- Co-ordinating the installation of chillers, freezers and shop fittings.
- The external walls were insulated prefabricated precast walls which were delivered to site and erected on completion of the ground floor slab.
A second retail unit was constructed in tandem with the main unit and more traditional methods of construction were employed. A structural steel frame with cavity block infill panels supported the insulated roof panel.
Siteworks consisted of providing a 2,000m² carpark, drainage works and landscaping.